You may have seen a recent spike in colorful bowls filled with fruit and granola on your Instagram feed. Smoothie bowls aren’t just for the aesthetic—they’re a great way to switch up your breakfast game and get a hearty dose of nutrients. Plus, these smoothie bowls are so delicious you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast.
Berry Bliss Bowl
This bowl has a yogurty consistency and is a super filling breakfast. Any other berries taste amazing on top of this mix, too, and if you’re looking for a creamier consistency, try swapping out almond milk for coconut milk. Need to stay fuller for longer? Try adding extra oats.
- 3-4 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Cacao nibs
Tropical Medley Bowl
This bowl works great to whip up as a snack since it’s light on the calories. It takes about 10 minutes to make and tastes just like sorbet, but without all the added sugar.
- 2-3 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Any frozen fruit you have, like mango and blueberries
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Buckwheat oats for crunch (Regular oats work, too)
- Coconut shavings
- Golden raisins
Imagine chocolate ice cream without the guilt. This swirl smoothie is the most simple to make and is by far the most delicious. It’s guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings and guess what—you can have was many bowls as you want!
For the vanilla swirl…
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- A splash of almond milk
For the chocolate swirl…
- 2 more bananas
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- Another splash of almond milk
- Cacao nibs
- For an extra protein punch, add a spoonful of peanut butter
- Blend all of the smoothies on high for best results.
- The smoothie should have a thick frozen yogurt-like consistency, so if your blender gets stuck, just stop blending every 20 seconds or so and mix ingredients with a spoon.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe before freezing, or they won’t be as sweet or digest as well.
by Dylan Roman-Holba