Oh come on, you know who I’m talking about. From those 2:06 a.m. “You up?” texts to even 7:30 p.m. “What are you doing tonight?” texts—they have to stop. Here are the top ten reasons to ignore his messages. (Dedicated and inspired by my favorite frat boy that I love to hate. Thank you for constantly texting me, I don’t know where I would be without you!)
10. Go shopping! Nothing a few Andrew Jacksons can’t fix. Get a new lace bodysuit and wear it out that night.
9. Do some redecorating. Flex your best Pinterest-worthy crafting muscles and hang your creations around your space.
8. WORK OUT. Releasing those endorphins is the best possible thing to do when you feel anxious, mad, or upset. Extra points if you listen to a playlist of boss women (we’re thinking Beyoncé, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Aretha Franklin).
7. Netflix and chill by yourself! Binge watch Stranger Things, The Office, or Law and Order: SVU. Trust me, you will be wrapped up in each of the story lines the minute you hit play.
6. Try dating apps. Download Tinder or Bumble (or both), and give yourself an ego trip swiping and matching with his best friends, or just hot guys 158 miles away.
5. Call your mom! You know it’s been awhile since the last time you called and she would definitely love to hear about your day.
4. Sleeping. Why would you entertain a player at two in the morning when you could be dreaming about Ryan Gosling shirtless in The Notebook?
3. Girl’s night. Nothing like drinking a bottle (or two) of wine, doing face masks, and watching comedy movies to make you feel complete.
2. Eating chocolate lava cake. Rich outside with a warm, gooey center? Count me in. Check out this recipe to get your baking started.
1. Realize you don’t need to be texting someone to know that you are worth something. Care and obsess over yourself, just like you’ve been doing over him. You’re the protagonist of this story, not him.
by Morgan Trau